Friday, May 22, 2009

Altered Journaling Box





I put this together yesterday to go with the journal I made a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoyed the process of this, it was all made with found materials...true scrappin! I thought that the altered journal needed either an easel to go with it, or a box to store it in, so this was the result of that. I built up a platform inside so that the journal was raised up, used modge podge and it gave the paper a wonderful waxed feel. I trimmed the edges in gaffer tape (love that stuff) and it covered the rough edges of the cardboard nicely. This all goes to the recipient this weekend...hope he likes it!

7 comments :

Brenda said...

LOVE the journal and the box. It looks great! What a fun way to use up scraps.

PattiM said...

The box adds a nice touch to your gift. Turned out beautiful. Shhhh, don't tell him I said that. (HeeHee) Love the pp you chose.

Hugs,

PattiM
(Pattie's passion)

I Scrap So All Moments Are Remembered!

All moments remembered said...

GORGEOUS!!! LOVE IT!!

Jill said...

I would hold three thumbs up if I had three... LOL! Love the G45.

Jill said...

I love the way that looks!!! Whoever is getting it is very lucky!

BabyBokChoy said...

totally fabulous awesome altered box, no wonder G45 is featuring it on the front page :)

Abby said...

Awesome album and box!